Pineapple Beef Sirloin Shish Kabobs
• 1 fresh pineapple
• 8-ounce package fresh mushrooms, stems removed
• 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
• 1 red onion, cut into chunks
• 1/2 cup fresh pineapple juice
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon ginger
1. Cut the beef into 1 1/4 by 1 1/4 inch pieces.
2. Quarter the pineapple and slice into chunks, after cutting out the tough inner core. Squeeze the skin for juice for the marinade.
3. Combine ingredients for marinade and place in a freezer-size zippered bag. Add the meat pieces and toss to coat. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
4. Drain the meat, reserving the marinade. Pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil; set aside for basting.
5. Evenly thread the beef pieces alternately with the mushrooms, peppers, onions, and pineapple onto 12-inch metal skewers.
6. Place the kabobs on the grill over medium heat and grill, covered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning once and basting frequently with the marinade.
Per serving: 290 calories, 10 g fat, 3.6 g saturated fat, 25 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein, 74 mg cholesterol, 101 mg vitamin C, 51 mg calcium. Calories from fat: 31%.